Monday, August 30, 2010

The Things We Do For Vacation....

...so you know they say that all good things come with sacrifice? Well I'm living proof of that!  We have been so looking forward to this vacation and have been planning for nearly 2 full years...but at the same time we've had plenty of anxiety about how we were going to make the trip work.  It's a long trip...and not cheap...and it's international...so we've had more than a little bit of stress about packing and luggage limits and weight, etc....so we knew we had to find whatever ways possible to pack light....and here comes my big sacrifice.


Any of you out there who know me well know that one of my personal "signatures" is....my hair.  I always joke and say that it isn't every 36 year old man (did I just type that age out loud?!?! LOL) who can boast a full head of healthy hair....and so, as my mama always said, "If you got it, flaunt it!!" (Ok..my mom is probably reading this and thinking, "I never said that to him"----but it sounded good, so just play along! *wink*).  Anyhow...for several years now, I've had quite the head of hair....

...my hair is naturally pretty curly:

...but usually I wear it straight:

...and all that fabulous hair requires a boat-load of products and styling tools! (I know---could I possibly GET any gayer?! LOL):


....and the idea of having to pack all that stuff (for a whole month no less) was just more than our poor weighed down suitcases could bear.  So this past weekend I did something drastic....and here it is:

I am still getting used to it...but I must admit that I like it...and Jason likes it...and it's going to be MUCH easier to deal with on vacation.

So it's a new look for a new adventure....and away we go.....

9 comments:

  1. It looks good. We can't wait to read about the adventure as it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! You write just like you talk so I can picture you saying everything!!! I cannot wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your hair looks great Erik!!! Can't wait to see and hear all about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA! It looks awesome though! Have fun and don't think about work for one second :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair short! & I'm excited to read more about your adventures. This blog is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new hair!! Do you have a different Disney tie again for each day of the vacation or was that sacrificed along with your long hair? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess---no that was definitely not sacrificed. We do, indeed, have a different Disney tie for every night of the cruise...I will be posting a blog about that in the next day or two and will try to post pics of our ties throughout the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, there's the son I remember; out from under all that beautiful hair! It looks great honey. Have a wonderful time on your vacation and when you miss your hair think of all the $ you will be saving on hair products ----- savings towards the next cruise ;o) Love you (and Jason, too) 9_<3--->n<3

    ReplyDelete