Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Packing We Will Go...

So what does it look like to pack for a month-long vacation, you ask?  It looks like a giant mess!! LOL

Seriously, though, traveling for over a month and knowing you can't possibly take everything you would want or need is more than a little stressful---especially when you consider the luggage limits, weight limits, luggage fees and overweight charges...so we tried to be very thoughtful about how we packed for this trip.


We even decided we would NOT try to pack for the full trip and just buckle down and do laundry at least twice during the trip...so we only have to actually take about 10-12 days worth of clothing each---and luckily we're very close to the same size so we can wear each other's clothes...meaning that if we both pack for 10 days, we each really have 20 days worth of clothes before having to repeat outfits. Even WITH that "downsizing," however, we're still taking a LOT of stuff.  Here's a picture of everything we're packing all piled up on our spare bed....kind of overwhelming, if I do say so myself:
Fortunately, however, we must be better packers than we originally thought...because we were able to get everything into 3 suitcases weighing between 35 and 45 lb. each (plus our carry-ons)...but that's not bad for a month long adventure!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed! I had one heck of a time packing for 2 1/2 weeks. A month is just mind-boggling!

    Sayhello

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed that you managed to pack so lightly! Is this a bad time to tell you that you could have packed all of those hair products after all? ;-D

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah....my hair products would still have put us over the edge....and, honestly, now that we've spent the weekend in Orlando...if I had all that hair I would have shaved it off anyway...I don't know why anyone who lives in Orlando has hair at all...I'd be bald as an eagle if I lived here just to help keep me cool!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Kimberly! I had more stuff than that for just me!! All I can say is thank goodness for my status with Delta because I was over the weight limit coming back home too!!

    ReplyDelete