Monday, October 4, 2010

The End Is Coming....I swear!!

So a number of people have asked me why the blog ends with Tortola---when they know there were at least two more days in the trip after that.....and the simple answer is this: 

The blog doesn't actually end there---I just haven't posted the rest yet! LOL

So why am I so tardy with the last two days?  There are two answers to that question:



(1.)  Real life has come crashing down on me since the vacation ended and allowed me to procrastinate....catching up with emails and texts and voicemails...picking up pets from their petsitters...unpacking and then cleaning the house (because unpacking made it look like a tornado had hit)...doing laundry...getting ready to go back to work (BOOO!!!! LOL)....catching up on all the DVRed TV we missed & recorded while we were gone (we're totally caught up with Project Runway now-----for those that watch that show....I *heart* Mondo...the most recent episode where he designed his own fabric covered with the plus signs...oy...I cried like a baby.  He's my hero.)

...more importantly, however.....

(2.)  I was texting with Kimberly yesterday as she was waiting for her flight to leave Orlando she was commenting that she hadn't finished up her journal yet either...and said something that rang very true for me as well:  I think I'm procrastinating writing about the last two days of the trip because once they're written....and posted...and out there for the world to see....it's like the final admission that it's really over!!  (I'm getting choked up just thinking about it!! LOL)

I promise, however, that the final two posts----a sea day and our day at Castaway Cay---are coming very soon.....and then I'll put in another post with some of the ship's photographer pictures, etc. as well.  (I've actually written the sea day and am just putting final touches on it and will probably post it later this evening.)

So even though you all know the vacation is over....don't give up on the blog just yet.  Keep checking back because more will appear here in the next few days!!

2 comments:

  1. I finally wrote about the last day on the ship while I was flying home and I was crying the whole time I was writing. I'm sure the flight attendants thought I was writing a Dear John letter or something. But I still can't bring myself to actually finish the final entry - I'll do it when you do!!

    Miss you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly take you to task! I just posted the last 2 days of my cruise on Sunday! That would be, what, FOUR MONTHS after the cruise was over??!!!??!!? ;-D

    Looking forward to the rest!

    Sayhello

    ReplyDelete