Saturday, September 4, 2010

One More Thing From Yesterday.....For My Dad

Good morning, readers!  Jason and I are just a bout to start getting ready, grab a quick bit and then head out to Aquatica & Sea World for the day....but I remembered that I had one more picture to post here (you'll have to click on the "read more" below to see it)....this one is special for my Dad.

At Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom they have a ride called "Kali River Rapids" which is a water ride with a circular boat that floats through rapids, bouncing around spinning and getting you all wet. There is a very similar ride at Islands of Adventure called "Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges" (pictured to the left-----we are not in that boat, it's a stock photo of the ride, but you get the idea.
Now, Kali River Rapids is my father's favorite ride at Disney.  He loves it.  He loves getting tossed around in the boat and getting soaking wet.  He knows (as does anyone who have ever vacationed with me at Disney) that I absolutely HATE riding this ride.   (In fact, actually, some of my good friends, Sandi & Hadley...who I know are reading this blog...will probably tell you that I don't think they have ever seen me get on the ride...I always stand on the bridge and take pictures for them! LOL).  Now...it's not that I don't like the ride....I think it's really fun actually....what I DON'T like is walking around the park SOAKING WET after you get off it with wet shirt, shorts and underpants making you feel like you just survived a flash flood----it makes me very uncomfortable...and when I'm feeling that way I quickly become not very good vacation company! LOL (Just ask poor Jason).

Well, if you think Kali River Rapids gets you wet....you ain't seen nothing til you've ridden Popeye.  After riding this you often wonder why they bothered with the boat at all and didn't just push you fully clothed into the lagoon instead! LOL  (The boat, at certain points, ends up literally filled up to your knees with water that has been dumped, splashed and sloshed over the edges.  Well...because we finished the parks so early yesterday....Jason and I decided we'd ride the Popeye ride as our LAST thing before leaving so we could come back to the resort and change and I would be exempted from having to walk around in wet clothes for hours.  The ride was fun and BOY did we get wet.  So, Dad...in honor of you....here is a picture of me after just getting off the Popeye boat ride (you can't really tell because my clothes are all tan...but believe me I'm soaked THROUGH and drenched from head to toe!!!):

6 comments:

  1. Erik! I am shocked and so proud of you!!! You do look very wet. I am glad you got through the park as fast as you did. I laughed, I am telling you, you should have been a writer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are as shocked as Sandi! Sounds like a fun ride for a hot day--I'm glad you could get it in at a good time to go right back and change afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the walking around wet deal - lol! When we go to Seaworld in SD we take a FULL change of clothes (including shoes and delicates) and change after riding the rapids ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Terry and I ride Kali, we put on disposable clothes. I kid you not. We get off, change, and toss out the clothes we wore on the ride. I feel you with the walking around wet! But boy, isn't it a fun ride!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daddy and I have been off line for a couple days ---- so he couldn't responsd to your entry in his honor. But I remember the River Rapids ride at DW ---- I was the one sitting across from you laughing hard as you got soaked after yelling Oh no! We're toast! when you saw where the water was gonna hit in the raft. The look on your face THEN was priceless! Glad you LIKED being wet this time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the dedication. I do love the ride and am glad that you waited till last. Someday we will have to try that ride.

    ReplyDelete